“Gentleman of Pequot School and I do not use the term lightly, I have extrapolated some rules for Proper Deportment on a Date, or as I like to say, a Liason de Romance.
1) Never ask your girl’s father for a condom.
2) Never just park at the curb and honk for her to come out.
3) Always pay your girl’s parents a cordial visit and assure her dad you will have her back @ 11:00 pm.
4) Always have a rose for her or a box of Godiva chocolates.
5) Hold her hand in the theatre and hold your hand out to assist her should you take a bus instead of a cozy car ride.
6) Kiss her on the neck and the lips. Do not, I repeat, do not try to go for “third base”. Save it for your wedding night.
7) Do not have affairs with her friends, no matter how “fetching” they may seem to be.
8) Always make sure she has enough money even if you have to rob a bank to get it.
Gentleman, the last rule is the most important. Remember it is just as easy to love a rich man as a poor man. This rule is inscribed in ancient Egyptian script at the bottom of the ocean floor.
CAROL ANN See Poems of Thunder (Noir & Whimsey) @ Amazon, Bn. & publishamerica.com